The role of nutrition in sports performance cannot be ignored. Eating the proper foods serves as a performance enhancer, recovery stimulator and has a profound impact on body composition and fuel efficiency during exercise. We are what we eat, and poor food choices may have a direct correlation on the results we seek both on and off the ice. During the course of the competitive hockey season athletes train at Donskov Strength and Conditioning twice/week. That is NOT a lot of time when we consider that there are one hundred and sixty eight hours in a seven-day workweek. It doesn't take a PhD in mathematics to figure out 1.19% of the week is spent in the weight room, leaving 98.81% of the time sleeping, eating, practicing, playing hockey and attending school. The glue that binds all of these activities is will power and good decision-making. The purpose of this article is to educate parents on the importance of proper nutrition during the hockey season. This article was written for you because more often than not, you are directly responsible for food preparation, grocery shopping and packing on the road. So where do we start? What constitutes a good meal? What should my son or daughter eat before a game? After a game? This article serves to answer these questions and provide practical solutions sprinkled in with a little bit of science....
Subscribe to this list via RSS Blog posts tagged in hockey nutrition
Tagged in: Anthony Donskov Donskov Strength and Conditioning health and wellness hockey nutrition sports nutritionLast modified on